“Fierskapelle” is a beautifully situated wayside chapel in the vineyards above Kues. It is no surprise that the scenic view motivated people in the 17th century to build a house of prayer at this place.
In 1670 Andreas Fiers, court administrator of the archbishop of Trier, chose the old crossroads as location for a chapel. However, because the chapel became dilapidated in the course of time, it was demolished in the 19th century. Financed by private donations, the second, present-day chapel, a pentagonal building, was built as a chapel of the Virgin Mary in the years after 1903. The pietà was created by Mr. Bonnekoh, sculptor from Morbach. The altar was set by Christian Schmitt, stonemason from Cues. The chapel, referred to as "Heiligenhäuschen" in common parlance, was extensively restored by the Marian brotherhood in 2003 (the builder of the chapel, Andreas Fiers, was a member of the brotherhood).