The parish hall of the Protestant congregation was originally situated on the bank of the Moselle River in Bernkastel and was inaugurated in 1863. In 1883, the building burnt down completely and only a part of the inventory could be saved.
Thereupon, the congregation was searching for a new place. It finally found one in Kues, which had been connected to Bernkastel by a bridge since 1874. In today's “Saarallee”, the former “Kaiserallee” street, an estate was bought. In 1880, construction of a neo-gothic church in accordance with plans of architect Zöllner from Berlin began. The church was consecrated a year after. As it was badly damaged in World War II, the ensuing extensive renovation- and enlargement works lasted for nearly ten years. It was not until 1954 that the church was reopened.