The church of St. Briktius is closely connected to the person of St. Nicholas of Kues. In 1463, at the request of Cusanus, Pope Pius II established that the Rector of the Cusanus Abbey was also the Pastor of Cusa. This decree was valid until 1909, with the appointment of Johann Schmitt as pastor of Kues, this connection with the Cusanusstift was separated for the first time after 445 years.
In 1784 the parish church, whose steeple measures 48 metres, was rebuilt. At the beginning of the 1920s the parish church was consecrated. St. Briktius, Bishop of Tours (315 - 397) is considered the patron of the parish church.