It was in 1670, when Andreas Fier, the court administrator of the Archbishop of Trier, chose the old crossroads as the location for a chapel. However, as the chapel fell into disrepair over time, it was demolished in the 19th century. The second, now a pentagonal chapel, was built as the Marian Chapel in the years after 1903 and financed by donations. The Pieta was created by sculptor Bonnekoh from Morbach, the altar was set by stonemason Christian Schmitt from Cues.
The chapel, popularly known as the "Holy House", was extensively restored in 2003 by the Marian Brotherhood (the founder of the chapel, Andreas Fries was a member of the Brotherhood).