The framework overhanging on three sides was only uncovered in 1914. Because of the risk of fire, the half-timbered house was plastered over in the years before. The pretty bay window and the half-timbered facades bear witness to the traditional architecture on the Moselle.
The construction of the pointed house symbolizes the transition from the Renaissance to the Baroque in a vivid and vivid way.
Winegrower's house and wine tavern
It is at the same time a typical example of old Moselle winegrower houses with its wine cellar with oak beams and slate stones, the two-sided projecting upper floors and the high roof storage for winter food and pets. Inside the house, on the ground floor, is the wine tavern of the Schmitz-Herges family winery.