Thereupon, the congregation was searching for a new place. It finally found one in Kues, which had been connected to Bernkastel by a bridge since 1874. In today's “Saarallee”, the former “Kaiserallee” street, an estate was bought. In 1880, construction of a neo-gothic church in accordance with plans of architect Zöllner from Berlin began. The church was consecrated a year after. As it was badly damaged in World War II, the ensuing extensive renovation- and enlargement works lasted for nearly ten years. It was not until 1954 that the church was reopened.