During the November pogrom in 1938, not only the synagogue in Niederemmel was desecrated, but also the former synagogue building in Müstert. After 1945, when restitution procedures were concluded, the buildings were sold to private persons.
There was a Jewish prayer room in Niederemmel as early as 1828. Jews from neighbouring Müstert village also came to the services at Niederemmel. These formerly independent villages are now part of Piesport district. As the number of Jews in both villages grew, it was decided to build a synagogue in Müstert, because more Jews lived there than in Niederemmel. The synagogue was built in 1854/55. Jewish families held their services there until October 1930, when the building was transformed to a forging shop. Today, the forging shop no longer exists. The building was rebuilt and enlarged and is now a residential building. In 1929, when Karl Endries senior had built his new "Goldtröpfchen" inn, he sold the old inn including the whole estate, buildings and the yard to the Levy brothers Karl and Josef, who then donated the bowling alley in the middle of the group of buildings and the hall, which lay a few steps higher, to the Jewish community. On March 30, 1930, their committee decided to convert the room into a synagogue. The size and the three large arched windows of the room were ideal for services. The synagogue was opened October 10, 1930, and many of the citizens and various local associations joined in the celebrations. The Torah scrolls and rituals from the previous synagogue in Müstert were carried in a procession to their new home in Niederemmel.