The chapel is situated on a crossroad in the vineyards of Bernkastel. The chapel dates back to the 18th century.
The St Joseph chapel in the vineyards of Bernkastel dates back to the 18th century. In 1921, it was renovated under the guidance of sculptor Paul Simon. According to the oral the chapel had originally been built in honour of St James. Lateron it became the chapel of St Joseph. A statue of St Kilian above the entrance protects it from harm. This statue, and the two reliefs inside are artistic works of Paul Simon himself. There is also a wooden statue of St Joseph, sized 135 cm, inside.