"Moselloreley" is a natural monument rising almost vertically from the banks of the Moselle. Between 1852 and 1872 and between 1937 and 1939, glance copper ore and potter's ore were mined in the rock formation.
Description of the mine from the year 1938: "There are two tunnels driven into the rock at different levels. A small access road was built in front of the higher tunnel and there is a small shack with a visible half-timber construction there as well. The broken stones containing the ore are sent to the lower working level via a slide. There are small buildings with pitch roofs at both the top and the bottom end … The local workers and those from further away were brought to work on a boat and the stones containing the ore were sent about 2.5 km downstream to the processing plant at the Rondelbach stream, where they were prepared for smelting. The delivered material had to be washed and probably crushed with hammers …" In World War II, the local population used the tunnels as shelter during air raids; today, especially the upper tunnel is inhabited by bats. Of the original buildings, only parts of the blacksmith shop are still visible. Despite the difficult and steep landscape, they still grow wine in the Moselloreley area. In harvest season, the grapes are taken to the "Reinsporter Ufer" on the opposite bank of the river by boat. These boat trips regularly attract crowds of bystanders.