An old Jewish cemetery was laid out "Im Engelter", above the Catholic church. The cemetery was occupied in the 19th century.
In Zeltingen there is an old and a new Jewish cemetery. The old Jewish cemetery was occupied in the 19th century until about 1876. It is located north of the village on a slope above the catholic church St. Stephanus and the vineyards of the Oberbach valley "Im Engelter". The cemetery was completely overgrown by bushes and trees and was not uncovered until 2013. There are six gravestones (Mazewot) in the cemetery. The inscriptions on the gravestones are all in Hebrew script. (Wikipedia)
The dead were driven up from the villages in a horse-drawn cart. The funeral procession had to cross a stream. The women were only allowed to accompany the deceased as far as this stream. Afterwards they returned with the women of the mourning family and gathered in the mourning house.