The stone sarcophagus displayed in the Protestant church was found right next to it in 1958. Consisting of reddish sandstone the sarcophagus was previously raided and presumably dates back to Frankonian times. Since Franconian sarcophagi usually are trapeziformed this exemplar might be of late Roman origin and have beer reused by Franconians.
Such trapezoidal coffins are typical of the Franconian period. While the small child's coffin had been robbed again, the larger coffin contained a sword, a fire steel and belt parts of the 7th century as grave goods. Today the grave goods are kept together with the children's coffin in the Rheinisches Landesmuseum.